1. Jules1200

Jules1200 Newbie

Thinking of selling my 601, I have a few projects on & won't really get time to work on it.
    It runs, drives etc no problem, it will need registering, so you'd need to trailer it away.
    It is in nice condition & just needs a small bit of welding on one rear jacking point, literally an hours job.
    It is a star of the new up & coming Man From Uncle film, not too fussed if it sells or not, so no offers, first one with £1200 takes it. I'm very close to J28 of the M1
    Cheers Julian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Fleadog

Fleadog Newbie

It looks great! Would it be possible to arrange shipping to the us? I am just curious.
  3. Jules1200

Jules1200 Newbie

Hi, if you wanted to have it shipped to the U.S. that's fine with me. Obviously the best way to go forward with that is you sort the shipping, that way you know exactly what your organising etc. I'm more than happy to liaise with whomever you use to collect it etc
    Cheers Julian
  4. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

@JohnShort would be a good one to talk about shipping with.

He's from the UK, lives in Colorado, is very knowledgeable. He also really, really knows these cars....If you're interested.
  5. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

I don't think it would be feasible to bring an unregistered car to the US by normal channels.
  6. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

In Tennessee like a lot of states as long as the car is 30+ years old it doesn't require any documention to get a title. In fact as long as no documention exists makes it even better. Well let's just say if I brought it into the US, I would just lie and say I bought it off a guy in another state and it lacks a title as long as the ID plates says it was built before 1985. I wouldn't even mention I imported it.
  7. Stenblyth

Stenblyth Puttering Along

Hi jules - is your Trabi still available? Any chance of a pic under the bonnet? Thanks!
    Steven
  8. Jules1200

Jules1200 Newbie

Hi yes still available

[​IMG]

Cheers Jules
  9. Stenblyth

Stenblyth Puttering Along

Great, looks in nice condition! Is everything working well? I noticed you had a few bricks under wheels on the pic, assuming handbrake etc still okay? Do you also have relevant docs to allow to register in the UK? What year was the car manufactured?

Thanks
    S

10. Jules1200

Jules1200 Newbie

Actually handbrake perfect, it's just habit on my part, my drive is quite steep, so I'm always a bit wary where the classic stuff is concerned. I believe it is an 85, I have no paperwork at all, but it's no problem now you just fill in the nova papers.
    If you want to view it you are welcome, as mentioned, it's £1200 no offers, it's beer money, must be the cheapest car I've had/sold whatever for 20 yr
  11. Jules1200

Jules1200 Newbie

Hi guys, one last bump before it goes on evilbay, as mentioned got a few other projects & it's getting in the way now. Dropped it a couple of hundred quid, a grand & you've bought it, so if anyone has £1000 spare it's yours
    Cheers
  12. gordon

gordon Newbie

Hi Jules, is it sold yet? if not where are you based?
    thanks
    Gordon
  13. Jules1200

Jules1200 Newbie

Hi Gordon, still for sale, I'm J28, M1, East Mids
  14. gordon

gordon Newbie

Ok, let me do a little homework as im up in scotland and its a little far for my old landy with the trailer, will have a quick look at delivery services
  15. Ron

Ron Premium Member Forum Donor

Hello Gordon, let us know how you get on, I'm in Moray, whereabouts are you? I just got a quote for another car transported from the Midlands for £350, using Shiply.
  16. Hi Jules
    Where is the Traby from originally?
    Year of Manufacture?
    Paul (Belfast)
  17. BigLiquid530

BigLiquid530 Newbie

Is Traby still for sale? Kinda late to the party but hey you never know :)
    Justin likes this.
  18. Jules1200

Jules1200 Newbie

Sorry, not been on for ages, but the car is sold, it sold around August I think