1. Bucks

Bucks Puttering Along

daft question but I can't work out if the fuel shut off cock is on or off, yes I can take of the hose and see but is there an obvious way without doing this? Thanks
  2. TheHun

TheHun Newbie Forum Donor

Depends on the model/year, generally if it points at 6 or 9 o'clock should be open, there is a filter on some models at least in the tank that may be giving you trouble. If you have a later model with the fuel usage meter on the dash may shiw you no fuel if all or none of the lights turn on when you try starting without choke, wt choke all the light should be on as the engine start. Does your engine start?
    Bucks likes this.
  3. Bucks

Bucks Puttering Along

Hi thank you its a 1963 no fuel usage meter. It turns but I can't get it to fire up.

Plugs / leads / battery all changed, carb has been flushed.

It has to to be something daft like the fuel cut off. Any ideas very welcomed.
  4. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Put a brief shot of ether into carb if it runs for a short time it will be fuel related. If it shows no sign of life with ether then start looking at ignition
    Bucks likes this.
  5. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

Ignition coils could be bad. Engine turned over, no prob, no firing, though. That happened to mine, had to replace them.
    Bucks likes this.