1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I've tried it on main and reserve and I get the same result. I've seen lawnmower fuel filters mounted horizontally have air trapped in the top but never had any issues with mowers . As far as the Kinetic goes, if I build it , I'm keeping it!
  2. Fritz

Fritz Newbie

My 1988 Trabi has passed 56000 km. At how many km is it necessary to do a full motor overhaul ? How many km should a Trabi normally run ? Maybe a compression test will tell me the condition of pistonrings and cylinders.
    By the way: My Trabi is now painted and ready for the roads at 67 degrees North. Maybe it is the northenmost Trabi in the world ??
    Today it was controlled by the authorities and license plates are on its way
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

The EPA came to our plant today for something. Not that anyone called on us or anything. Probably just to see our records. The guy over the shop said the inspector saw my car in the parking lot and asked him what is was. He said, " I cant remember what James said is was but I know he said it was made in East Germany". Boy will that guy be in for a surprise if he looks it up on Google and sees it creates 9 times the pollutants than V8 powered truck!