1. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

Couple things I just bought :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    trabant601 and Keri like this.
  2. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

VERY nice. If you put these in your Trabant and a tow rope, you are in compliance. In 1990 or so the rules changed to add "Aids Handschuhe" Rubber Gloves due to BRD rules requiring that. I may be off on the details and dates... Or just off in general, maybe on pause.
    Justin likes this.
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

As promised!

Attached Files:

trabant601 likes this.
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Dang, that sure looks like the same model. Is it possible that my hood is just stuck and it opens. More later. Thanks for those pictures. It is nice detail in there.
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I just saw this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maisto-Moto...st_Vehicles&hash=item3cd46f93b2#ht_614wt_1141 I will capture a picture and post it with here incase that link goes away. These were for sale at WalMart for $1.00. I bought a bunch of them in the late 1990's. Maisto brand.
    this is like the one I recovered from my burned house in 2000. (see above)
    $T2eC16JHJHkFFlyw!k8LBSBUps,-G!~~60_57.jpg
    Like anybody else who was after one or the other of the toys in the pack, I gave the Mercedes-Benz toys to my nephew or others to play with and saved the Trabants.
  6. turbofiat124

I bought one of those two packs years ago at Wal-Mart. Long before I owned a Trabbi. I was trying to remember the other car at came with it and I beleive it was a MB. I can't remember what happened to it though.

[​IMG]
  7. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

You probably did the same thing I did, give away the MB and keep the Trabant. There was also a farm set with more vehicles and for some reason in the farm set there was a Trabant. Anyone have an image of that package? It was also at WalMart. That one was funny but I never bought it, why buy that just to get the Trabant when I can buy the cheaper one and only have to get rid of one extra piece.
  8. Justin

So I recently acquired some fun OLD things for the car. They guy who I bought most of these things from have a few other bits to sell.....He may be posting them soon.

Anyway, here are some of the things I recently got....

DDR, VEB FIRST AID KIT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TOOL KIT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FIRE EXTINGUISHER

[​IMG]
    trabant601 likes this.
  9. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

That is some great stuff. If you find a way to charge that extinguisher; please do tell about it. I never got around to asking a fireman if it was possible. Do they do that?
  10. Justin

I haven't thought about trying to get it recharged.....I just slapped it on there.
  11. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I have one too, I never removed it, just looks good there and not in the way at all, just looks good.
  12. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I would call it a Trabant Accessory, I will snap a pic of mine and put it there.
  13. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Here is one of the African made toys. I picked it up at the Dritte Welt Laden (Third World Shop) in the Lipstick tower of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church in West Berlin. In the background is a box given to me by a friend, found it at a garage sale. Berlin Wall, sold at Marshall Fields for $10.00.
    IMG_20130908_083044.jpg IMG_20130908_083053.jpg IMG_20130908_083107.jpg IMG_20130908_083125.jpg IMG_20130908_083153.jpg
  14. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

RE Trabant Items

I have the following:-
    Model Cars 1/43 scale- Replicars Dutch Market limited edition Trabant 601 police car in West German colours
    Ixo IST series TRABANT 1.1 1991 - BALI YELLOW
    TRABANT 601 CABRIO KUBEL 1968 - OLIVE GREEN (NVA)
    TRABANT P50 LIMO 1958 - RED/BEIGE
    TRABANT P50 KOMBI 1959 - BLUE/BEIGE
    Other Trabant K├╝bel Grenztruppen
    Trabant nT Blue / White
    Model Cars 1/87 scale- Herpa Trabant 601's with Roof Tent Open & Closed
    Trabant 601 Volkspolizei
    Trabant 601 Handbooks Hungarian 10th & 11th editions
    Hungarian Workshop Manual - A straight copy of Meissner's German manual! English 601 Handbook by Professor Lew Schnurr
    Misc. 2 Sachsenring "S" Stickpins. 1) Blue with Gold "S" The other plain metal 1950's Or 60's
    1 small rubber Trabant 601 - Pencil Eraser?
  15. turbofiat124

Third World Shop? You mean Wal-Mart?
  16. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Apparantly i also have an east german lock now. :)
    An old man from the veteran car club gave it to me and said it is east german. :)
    there is no marks or text on it anywhere, so unless someone reckognizes it, i wont know for sure. :)
    [​IMG]
    2013-09-09 18.15.44
    by mati0921, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    2013-09-09 18.15.29
    by mati0921, on Flickr
  17. turbofiat124

I'm almost sure if you take it to a fire department they will recharg it for free. Providing it has the same filler ports as the ones used in the United States.
  18. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I wouldn't call China part of the Third World, Not any more anyway.
  19. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Cool lock. It Could be East German but really should have some marking on it if so.
  20. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I'm going to try that next time I drive by there, which is frequently. I have another USA old one that is cool to keep in my 1968 Chevy. I'll put that one in there also.