1. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

What do the stick pins look like? What is Ixo?
  2. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

Greetings!
    1) Ixo * is the Chinese Manufacturer of a whole range of model cars, the IST (pronounced "East") range is models of cars built in the Communist Bloc Countries. Everything from AWZ to Zaz!
    * Note Ixo uses different names in different areas, In Germany the models are badged Cars & Co.

2) A "stick pin" is like a badge BUT where the pin is a long vertical one, instead of a short horizontal one running across the back. The 1st is a simple metal circle with the Sachsenring "S" within. Whilst the 2nd is a solid metal disc in blue with the "S" in what now looks bronze coloured, but might have been gold when new.
  3. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Thanks, I never heard of the IXO thing. I imagine the stick pins are lapel pins. Is that right?
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

BTW, I am crimson, the hood does lift on my 1:18th scale and I never knew it. Thanks for teaching me about it.
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Here is a model I bought on ebay to use exactly for this purpose. My idea is based on real things I saw in Berlin and on the display at Wright Pat. AFB, Museum. It has flashing lights inside that shine out of the uncovered driver side windows. The glass was all glued up on this one so I used dope on paper to make it semitransparent allowing the light to illuminate them when it is switched on.
    IMG_20130914_144003.jpg IMG_20130914_144009.jpg IMG_20130914_144017.jpg IMG_20130914_144030.jpg IMG_20130914_144045.jpg
    Phil Tracy, Justin and turbofiat124 like this.
  6. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

Yes Lapel pins would be correct, I never what the American English term was!
  7. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I had some of those that I bought at the Sachsenring Museum back in 1991, before it was the August Horch Museum, still paid the old DDR prices too (I think they were 1 M, that is one East German Mark). I lost them, and almost everything, in a house fire. You motivated me to look for one again.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

IMG_20131025_175838.jpg
    These two Trabants I picked up at the DDR Museum north of Berlin on the way to Rostock. The Kombi is from the maker that shapes it more like a Trabant.
  9. Martin

Martin Newbie

I should organise some photos, my vehicle is still new and supplied with a lot of military equipment all still new , I have snow chains, gas masks, telephone and two way radios with extended aerials, axe that fits in pod, first aid kit , trabant break down and emergency kits, front and rear headlight covers for stealth plus much more Alex Holland002.jpg Alex Holland006.jpg Alex Holland007.jpg Alex Holland008.jpg Alex Holland009.jpg Alex Holland010.jpg Alex Holland011.jpg Alex Holland012.jpg Alex Holland002.jpg Alex Holland006.jpg Alex Holland007.jpg Alex Holland008.jpg Alex Holland009.jpg Alex Holland010.jpg Alex Holland010.jpg Alex Holland011.jpg Alex Holland012.jpg Alex Holland011.jpg
  10. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

@Martin. Wow, that's pretty incredible. how did it make it's way all the way to Sydney?

Also we just added the garage feature, you should totally showcase your car there. I'm pretty excited about it
  11. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Yep...this definitely needs to go in the garage! Super cool
    Justin likes this.
  12. Martin

Martin Newbie

Thanks. I am struggling to work out how to put in garage area - will try when more time and start to post various things I have. I have box's of literature and new parts that all came from the factory 1989 when the workers headed for West Germany. This was the last military spec car made and all the equipment is new. I have a lot of production sheets and stats from the factory ( in german) , original invoice for this car from factory - now I think about it there is a lot of interesting stuff, I need to start photographing and posting for members to see.

Attached Files:

13. Martin

Martin Newbie

Thanks. I am struggling to work out how to put in garage area - will try when more time and start to post various things I have. I have box's of literature and new parts that all came from the factory 1989 when the workers headed for West Germany. This was the last military spec car made and all the equipment is new. I have a lot of production sheets and stats from the factory ( in german) , original invoice for this car from factory - now I think about it there is a lot of interesting stuff, I need to start photographing and posting for members to see.
    Justin likes this.
  14. Martin

Martin Newbie

Forgive my computer skills

box's of the stuff

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    Justin likes this.
  15. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

16. Martin

Martin Newbie

Military spec car has heater for occ Alex Holland002.jpg upants - there is a rule book with the car that states how cold the temperature
    Justin likes this.
  17. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

WOW! That's a nice car! Looks practically new. I see lots of parts off of a Barkas, like the heater assembly. Be careful no to use the gas heater, it tends to catch on fire, and it's right next to the fuel tank. I would disconnect or pug up the fuel line goes to the fuel pump to be sure. I have personally seen two of these cars burn to the ground because of the heater. One was at the middle of winter with -5 Celsius. Would you be willing to sell some of your stickers? How did you buy this car? Was it more then a dollar? We bought a bunch for 1 DM right after the wall came down....Please keep the pictures coming!
  18. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Sweet ride! Is that the same one that was for sale on Ebay.UK about 6 months ago? One of our members had it up for sale and said he would arrange shipment to the US if anybody was interested. I almost jumped at it.

I wonder if you could convert one of these heaters to run off 1 lb propane cylinder instead of gasoline? Would it be safer?

It would get rid of alot of clutter under the hood. Just use one of those electro shutoff valves/reducer combo packs used on forktrucks, and one of those piezo electric ignitors off a BBQ grill. Installing a remote valve to control the gas flow from the dashboard might be an issue. Maybe just set it in the middle and crack the window accordingly if it get's too hot. That's how I regulate the heat in my Trabant with the factory heater!
  19. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

Trabant postcards
    I obtained these from:
    Fazakas Ggergely, budapest, hungary
    I only have part of his e-mail address which is fazakasger@t-online.hu????? I dont know the country extension for Hungary so I'm not sure what comes after"hu"
    His eBay is tatra6000 postcards postcard002.jpg postcard003.jpg postcard004.jpg postcard005.jpg postcard007.jpg postcard008.jpg postcard010.jpg postcard001_1200.jpg postcard002_1200.jpg postcard003_1200.jpg postcard004_1200.jpg postcard005_1200.jpg postcard006_1200.jpg postcard007_1200.jpg postcard008_1200.jpg postcard009_1200.jpg postcard010_1200.jpg postcard011_1200.jpg postcard012_1200.jpg postcard002.jpg
    trabant601 likes this.
  20. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I think it sounds like I bought this already made. I bought the Trabant model and built the platform, wall, and arranged the figures myself. I also put the lights in, etc.
  21. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

man i need to lay all my stuff out, i have a ton of different stuff