1. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

Greetings!

Have recently bought a German Language IFA guide to approved Trabant Repairers throughout East Germany, listed by region!! It's Great, neither I nor the seller had Ever seen one before
  2. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

Can you scan and post it? Is that possible? I'd love to see it and have it as a reference guide for Trabant History.
  3. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

Will have a go at the weekend, What would be the best way to go about the process??
  4. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

if you wanted to scan it and email it to me...I could get it up since it would likely be a large file and most users aren't able to put up big files like that due to server limitations...I can typically still do it though...if that will work, I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks!
  5. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

krik.jpg p6.jpg p4.jpg p2.jpg p1.jpg p5.jpg p3.jpg

I have got special tools for adjust ignition and engine.
    Also have equipment for jacking up Trabant in 45 degree angle (special jack) with axle stands.(picture is example)
    And some other "props" what is from DDR time.
  6. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

I love that jack! I've heard about it but never seen one. It must be an easy way to repair your Trabant in front of a blockhouse on a Sunday afternoon while all your neighbors standing around you with beer in their hands and giving you quick advise on how to fix things....
  7. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

I had a couple of those jack stands shipped over from Germany a few years ago...I haven't been brave enough to try it out though...maybe one of these days.
  8. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Yes,I know....people with best advices....
    This picture is an example,not my Trabant!
    But in early days in DDR a lot of people used this tool!
  9. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Poster on top of this page is a nice photoshop....
    This is the Original picture before and after..... foto1.jpg foto2.jpg
  10. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Sure wish I could find that poster somewhere
  11. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Just curious, being front wheel drive and all, what reason would you need to raise a Trabant up on it's side off the ground like that? What is there underneath to work in in that position?

So far the only thing that has required sliding underneath the car (past the firewall) is when I removed/installed the exhaust system when I had the engine/transmission out of it last spring.

Can't be anymore dangerous than this method:p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  12. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

@turbofiat124,I think they find out this construction for people to save money that time in the GDR.
    And maybe also a lot of people have not the uppertunity to visit a workshop.
    So the can fix small repairs underneath the car.

@Aaron,These posters the were sold in Holland by IKEA!
    It was a sort of advertisement for something.
  13. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Yes Ive looked. Even went so far as to find the part number and contacted Ikea to see if maybe they had some NOS, or knew who the vendor was who supplied them. No such luck. I did find one on Craigslist in Arizona about two years ago, but the lady refused to ship it to me even with me offering to pay her for the inconvenience. My search continues.
  14. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

The have sell them here in Holland.
    Some people put them on the internet and prices between 25 and 50 euro's!
    I try also to catch one....:)
  15. I found one of these extinguishers in the boot of my Trabi, and until now, didn't know where it went.....it has thus been installed exactly where yours is, and adds to the vehicle, I feel.
    Can't help wondering where it's *meant* to go though, since I had to drill and tap the mounting holes for it!
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  16. czechnology

czechnology Smoking Along

A friend of mine just gave me this original DDR toolbox, this is already the second one I have.
    It used to be a common original accessory to store small parts and tools. Nice, but kind of fragile. The shape makes an exact fit in the engine compartment on the left side, next to the gas tank. I will try to remove the dirt and spilled paint from the nicely aged surface. The second picture is from Ebay, I do not have the "manual".

kiste.JPG
    $_1.JPG
  17. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

[​IMG]
    just some of my trabi stuff in my record room. I have way more but figured I share a picture of some of my treasures .
    trabant601 likes this.
  18. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

I wish I could have a "rekord room" ! I probably will have to share the dog house with my Lab once I bring home my two Barkases from Hungary....
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  19. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

it is the one room that i can keep a 2 year old out. she loves the trabi when we walk by she goes vroom vroom
  20. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

AHH, a fellow music collector!

Here is my garage setup:

[​IMG]

I collect mostly 8 tracks and cassettes. I don't have allot of LPs because the hipsters
    are driving up the prices! $20 for an LP, that's more than what the sold for new!

Most 8 tracks require repairing before they can be played (new metal splice, pressure pads,
    rewinding the tape.

One of my tools is an iron used to remove the crinkles. I keep my tapes stored in my cool
    den for preserving.

[​IMG]

Main vintage audio page:

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/turbofiat/library/vintage audio?sort=2&page=4