1. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

I have had great luck with Trabantwelt. Super nice people and usually pretty quick on getting stuff out. I have had items occasionally take up to 8 weeks, but it is rare.
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I ordered some of my engine parts from trabantwelt they arrived 3 days later not bad at all especially as it was just before Christmas most UK supplies seem to take longer and blame the delay on Christmas,the part I ordered from danzer arrived in just 2 days which is impressive
  3. Andrew

Andrew Most Powerful Leader Moderator Forum Donor

I would recommend emailing them in english to try and avoid any confusion with bad german :) they have at least one guy there who speaks english, I've had a few emails with him over the years.
    But yes DHL can be a bit odd with shipping times...it varies greatly and even when I was shipping in country DE-> DE to a drop shipper it can take a week..
  4. Phil Tracy

Phil Tracy Puttering Along

Second on the english response being great at Trabant Welt. They have understood all of my emails 100% and shipped them out to Oklahoma in a reasonable time each order.
  5. aardvark64

aardvark64 Puttering Along

Thanks for the thoughts. The parcel turned up at last: it's amazing how far it got without a full address label. Trabantwelt found me a tracking number and I was able to discover the parcel's whereabouts. Not impressed with either DHL or the UK post office as a result.

So I now have the aluminium bowl for the fuel filter and some other bits and bobs to get the Trabi back on road this weekend. Shame about the crap weather, but at least I'll be able to turn the engine over again and free off the rear wheel cylinders.

Hurrah!