1. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Puttering Along

I went to see the movie "Spy" with Melissa McCarthy yesterday. There was a scene where she was in Hungary and tried to steal a Trabant Combi. She shattered a window with the intention of hot wiring it, but decided to steal a BMW instead. Very funny movie.
  2. DaveinOz

DaveinOz Aussie Trabant Nutter Forum Donor

I saw that movie too with my wife and was expecting some sort of hilarious trabi chase scene... oh well.
  3. Ron

Ron Premium Member Forum Donor

I just saw that last night, it really was funny, I too was ready for some Trabi chase scene action, must go and see The Man From UNCLE!

Question for the group then, would you risk letting a movie stunt man use your car in a chase scene? I think it would be worth the wear and tear for the glory of seeing Rosie on the big screen!
  4. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

They buy the cars they use for stunts because they have to modify them with rollbars and stuff, plus they usually end up kaputt.
  5. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

yep as a hero car maybe as a stunt car. nooooooooo cause most never make it they trash a ton for a short scene
  6. Austinpowers

Austinpowers Loyal Comrade

I went to see the man from uncle film today. Very good very funny and some good action sequences. The only bit that was disappointing is the car chase seen with the trabi. The bit you see in the film trailer is pretty much it. If you look closely you can see it's a 1.1 L Trabi done up to look like a old two stroke. But I would definitely recommend going to see the film, and you do get to see some great cars.
  7. It's definitely not a two-stroke air-cooled, as steam rises from the front after a crash... :) Good chase though !
  8. czechnology

czechnology Smoking Along

Here are Trabis in the Czech movies:

9. hunterknox

hunterknox Premium Member Forum Donor

10. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade