1. Trabiteile.de

Trabiteile.de Newbie

2. Keri

Keri Leader

OK, checked and placed an order. :D

Though the site is in German and my German is very poor, navigation and ordering is easy enough if you have a PayPal account.

It'll be interesting to light up one of our spare speedometers with the backlit stainless steel face. I've got one apart already for cleaning, so...
    Now we wait! ;)
  3. Keri

Keri Leader

OK, the package finally arrived early this week.

Although the order was shipped promptly, it got held up somewhere for quite some time.
    This sometimes happens with International shipping, especially stuff shipped from ex-Soviet countries and areas.
    A more usual shipping delay is 6 weeks, so this was a little on the long side.

The poor package looks like it was transported entirely by foot in the fashion of "transporting" a soccer ball.
    But the contents were safe and sound and undamaged, and that's what matters.

The white plastic edge trim, which goes around the perimeter of the roof inside the car and protects fingers from the metal edge, is much better than the stuff that came with my car which was too short and kept falling off.

But the highlight of this order was the Speedometer lighting kit and stainless steel speedo face. Their pictures don't come close to doing it justice.
    The LED kit is a ring of 10 blue LEDs which fits securely in the back of the speedometer and does a far better job of illumination than the original two 2w bulbs.
    The speedo face is a beautifully made thick stainless steel plate with the numbers, indices, odometer windows, indicator lamp holes all precisely cut out, allowing the blue light to shine through the numbers.
    There is a nice illustrated installation guide in German.

So, go right ahead and place that order! trabiteile.de is legit.
    The parts, many of which are not available anywhere else, are first-rate.
    Shipping to the USA was a little on the long-ish side, but that's not unique to trabiteile.