1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. radioman

radioman Premium Member Forum Donor

Need a faulty box want to investigate repair,may help forum members
    If I can make a test jig will also help.
    Having said that new ones are not that expensive
    Thanks Keith Redruth UK
  2. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

I have one that only feeds power to one coil somewhere in the garage. :)
    You can have it for free if you pay shipping from denmark. :)
  3. radioman

Hi Matias
    Thanks for your reply
    Please give me a price to ship to me in UK
    Do you have Paypal
    Also want to write a short helper re Two Stroke ignition faults & how to check for trouble
    Would this help members or has been covered before

Thanks Keith
  4. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Just curious. Does the EBZA system use a magnetic trigger system or some other method?

People have been gutting MOPAR, Ford Duraspark, etc. control boxes and replacing the transistors, capacitors and such with GM 4 pin control modules.

[​IMG]

I have one connected to a Bosch distributor right now on my Yugo. As long as the trigger mechanism on the wheel uses a magnet it should work. Of course you would need two modules, one for each cylinder.
    Unless it's safe to use a wasted spark system where both pistons fire at TDC and at BDC simutaneously. Then you could get away with using one module. before I converted mine to an aftermarket electronic ignition system, I connected both points together at the negative side of the coils with a jumper wire just to see what would happen. I did not test drive the car but the idle speed never changed nor did it stall so using a wasted spark system on a 2 stroke maybe OK.
    [​IMG]
  5. radioman

Yes it is a magnet trigger
    I've wondered about wasted spark,my Yamaha RZ350 had that,be a nice motor for Trebi 60 bhp 6 gears & sounds nice too.
    Love that avatar :)
  6. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I've got a couple of three cylinder 2 stroke Yamaha 550s that are suppose to make around 50HP. That might fit. I don't know how I'd link it up to the transmission.

[​IMG]

They are parts bikes. I was going to see if I could make a working engine and use it on a go-kart but never got around to it. Migth be better off selling them for parts bikes at the scrap metal price for steel and use that money to buy a tuned exhaust system!
  7. radioman

I would look very carefully before you just junk old bike parts,like scraping them for metal value
    Breaking the bike into large bits or offering as a project might get you more than you think
    Money towards keeping one of your valued limo's on the road
    Justin likes this.
  8. radioman

Found a document about repairing the Hall sensor will post