1. radioman

radioman Premium Member Forum Donor

Need a faulty box want to investigate repair,may help forum members
    If I can make a test jig will also help.
    Having said that new ones are not that expensive
    Thanks Keith Redruth UK
  2. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

I have one that only feeds power to one coil somewhere in the garage. :)
    You can have it for free if you pay shipping from denmark. :)
  3. radioman

Hi Matias
    Thanks for your reply
    Please give me a price to ship to me in UK
    Do you have Paypal
    Also want to write a short helper re Two Stroke ignition faults & how to check for trouble
    Would this help members or has been covered before

Thanks Keith
  4. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Just curious. Does the EBZA system use a magnetic trigger system or some other method?

People have been gutting MOPAR, Ford Duraspark, etc. control boxes and replacing the transistors, capacitors and such with GM 4 pin control modules.

[​IMG]

I have one connected to a Bosch distributor right now on my Yugo. As long as the trigger mechanism on the wheel uses a magnet it should work. Of course you would need two modules, one for each cylinder.
    Unless it's safe to use a wasted spark system where both pistons fire at TDC and at BDC simutaneously. Then you could get away with using one module. before I converted mine to an aftermarket electronic ignition system, I connected both points together at the negative side of the coils with a jumper wire just to see what would happen. I did not test drive the car but the idle speed never changed nor did it stall so using a wasted spark system on a 2 stroke maybe OK.
    [​IMG]
  5. radioman

Yes it is a magnet trigger
    I've wondered about wasted spark,my Yamaha RZ350 had that,be a nice motor for Trebi 60 bhp 6 gears & sounds nice too.
    Love that avatar :)
  6. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I've got a couple of three cylinder 2 stroke Yamaha 550s that are suppose to make around 50HP. That might fit. I don't know how I'd link it up to the transmission.

[​IMG]

They are parts bikes. I was going to see if I could make a working engine and use it on a go-kart but never got around to it. Migth be better off selling them for parts bikes at the scrap metal price for steel and use that money to buy a tuned exhaust system!
  7. radioman

I would look very carefully before you just junk old bike parts,like scraping them for metal value
    Breaking the bike into large bits or offering as a project might get you more than you think
    Money towards keeping one of your valued limo's on the road
    Justin likes this.
  8. radioman

Found a document about repairing the Hall sensor will post