1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I love ingenuity!

I cut the male electrical end off an old extension cord and attached some battery clips to wires. That way I can hook my worklight up to the car's battery instead of dragging out a 120V AC electrical cord. Also good if I a need light but I am nowhere near an AC outlet. Just have to remind myself to swap bulbs!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bulb is a 12V 50 watt used in RVs. I have only been able to find a 25 watt version in a 6V bulb. Not sure what it's application is for.

Here is a small work light that plugs into the ciggy lighter. I've been carrying around in the toolbox of my 68 Ford for about 15 years. I can't remember where I got it. I think Big Lots because I recall buying a lot of tools there when I was putting together a toolbox. I would like to find some more like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

that would look great in a Trabant or a Wartburg. any car actually, but diy is always great
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I think I'm going to keep the small work light in my Trabant. It seems to fit the car for some reason.

I could make some work lights out of those Northern Tool backup lights I was going to use. If I can find something to attach it to. Any ideas? I'm thinking something like a candle stick holder.

[​IMG]
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Not bad. You could put it on a hammer handle with some duct tape and it will work as well.
  5. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

20130909_195512 (800x600).jpg I have collected several of the Anker plastic toy Wartburgs in 1/30 scale in various colors (like the blue one in the pic), but I got one on Ebay recently from a seller in Bulgaria and it's a totally different toy. It's the red one in the image. It's slight smaller and has different wheels and tires. It has writing in Cyrillic on the bottom. Very cool with the only problems being loose windows and one corner of the rear bumper is gone.
  6. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Interesting. I am surprised that they spent the time to have their own molds for something so similar. I guess the state takes care of everything doesn't include cooperate with production of toys.