1. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

What would be best german forum be for a 1974 wartburg 353 . I use www.barkas.de and find them very helpful for barkas stuff looking somewhere similar for 353
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Check the forum at www.wartburgpeter.de - you can write in German or English. They really know their stuff if you can take the occasional wisecracking. Didn't know you had a Wartburg as well as your Barkas?
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Wartburg353W likes this.
  4. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Great!
    Did not know there exists right hand drive 353's....
    Is it a Genex vehicle?
  5. Wartburg353W

Looks very nice indeed. Is that the original color? Is the grille painted black or is it a replacement? Do you have a "Knight" badge for it? RHD has got to pretty rare. I know some were imported to England in the early 70s but survival rate I believe is pretty low. Congrats. What year is it? Is it a 353 or 353W, I guess is the main thing. As far as trim clips being the same as a Trabant, I wouldn't assume anything since I keep finding things different every time I get into a discussion with Trabant owners on here.
  6. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Cheers it's been resprayed but close to original ,the knight badge on grill is missing ,probably going to be very expensive /difficult to get another . Not sure about grill i think later cars had black so probably it's a replacement. i asked on wartburgpeter forum and was told the clips are the same
  7. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Just been googling and a lot of the images of similar age english cars have black grill so it might be correct
  8. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

w2.jpg w1.jpg

This is a normal 353.
    The 353W (W= weiterentwikklung = changes from in and outside).
    This one has also the old front panel.
  9. Wartburg353W

Looks like you also need the deluxe tags on the fenders . . . or did they not do that for the Knight?