1. DaveinOz

DaveinOz Aussie Trabant Nutter Forum Donor

October 3rd 2015 was the 25th Anniversary of German Reunification - and while I'm not German, not living in Germany and don't have any immediate German relatives I figured that I should take the Trabi out to bask in the warm Adelaide sunshine in celebration of unity day! Did a few little jobs on the car and then drove it around the laneway at the back of my place.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The laneways of an inner suburb in Adelaide are about as far as you can get from the backstreets of Berlin, Dresden, Chemnitz or Leipzig, but it was my little way of celebrating the 3rd of October!

So what did everyone else get up to on the 3rd? For those of you in Germany, Gl├╝ckliche tag der Deutschen Einheit! / Happy German Unity Day!
    michiel76 and Wartburg353W like this.
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Had German beer, schnitzel and currywurst at a local Bavarian restaurant. We were the only ones in the place!
  3. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

Took the trabi to a car show. It was a celebration of fins so yes mostly american cars. big cads and my small car, followed up by a special presentation of the GM fireball 3 and the last 2 designers talking about the car. It was a great day of sharing German history with a ton of people i will post picts soon.
  4. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

At Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta, it rained, then it rained, then it poured, Usually a 10 hour race, had multiple cautions a red flag, and eventually the race was called after about 7 hours.
    Historical race though, a GT LeMans car actually won, ahead of all the prototypes _911_PE3_6884_1200.jpg
  5. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

Dave
    Congratulations on your new addition !!!
    Not sure about the gas struts since I have the sedan but I will check the Kombis out at the Parade of Trabants
  6. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

RHFabrications likes this.