1. Stuart-C

Stuart-C Puttering Along

The cover that protects the 3 wires coming from the ebza into the crank? Mine fell off on the motorway and the car died as it took out the middle green wire. I cant seem to find it on LDM or Trabantwelt.
  2. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

3. Stuart-C

Stuart-C Puttering Along

Yes it was like that but mine had a cut out for the electronic ignition wires to go up through. And It was held on by one or perhaps two screws. Maybe this was wrong and why it fell off?
  4. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

What I posted is original for a trabant. Its held on by a large 'spring clip' . The wires normally go into the ignition housing at the side through a grommet. Sounds like yours has been bodged perhaps because spring clip broke off.
  5. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

Hi it's called the points cover I think mbeamish is right about yours being bodged in the past,I think ldm sell the cover
  6. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

7. TheHun

TheHun Newbie Forum Donor

Yep, should not have any bolts holding it, believe the wire should come out through a small cutout on the side of the box instead, that is if you have oem parts for the ignition insight, can you take a picture of the box without the cover...
  8. Stuart-C

Stuart-C Puttering Along

Ok thanks for that. Conundrum solved.
  9. Zausel

Zausel Loyal Comrade

Anyone know how to replace the spring clip? My new engine is without and would like to replace it. It's sort of a rivet, right? Drill it out, replace and drive a sheet metal screw in at the pivot?
  10. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

If you twist it as you pull it it should come out,that's if yours isn't snapped off leaving just the piece in the housing which you will have to drill out carefully as the clips harder than the housing