1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
?

What's Your Star Sign?

1. Aries, Taurus, Gemini or Cancer

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Leo Virgo, Libra or Scorpio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rat, Ox, Tiger or Rabbit

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Dragon, Snake, Horse or Sheep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Monkey, Rooster, Dog or Pig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Stars and Stripes Forever!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Hammer and Sickle Star

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Other!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. None.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Keri

Keri Leader

What's your Star Sign?
    You know, the horoscope thing, like are you an Aquarius, Pisces or Aries.

Everyone has at least two, the zodiac signs common in the west, and also the corresponding Chinese zodiac. Unless of course, you were not born on the planet Earth, in which case "Other" or "None" could be appropriate.

Some will have additional star sign(s)... Please elaborate profusely!
  2. Keri

Keri Leader

OK, I'll go first...

In the west, I'm mostly an Aries, though being born in late March, I'm a borderline Pisces.
    In the East, the Chinese call me "Ox"

Now here's the strange part.... though I was technically born in the land of Stars and Stripes, the local newspaper, The Chicago Tribune, had this on the front page on the day I was born....

IMG_0243.jpg

Why Look! It's a lucky Star Sign! The Hammer & Sickle!*
    As a bonus, this was the day that the "Reds Stall Laos Truce" and an angry mob in Portugal "stoned" the US embassy with ink bottles.

I had no idea about the newspaper until I found it while clearing out my parents house a couple of years ago. My father must have bought it in the hospital, and they saved it.

This star sign must surely be a powerful force... because even though I was born into the land of anti-communist hysteria, I...

have had a lifelong affinity for the color Red,

got adopted by a big red hammer like the one depicted at the beginning of my career.

developed a nearly career-long tendency towards pro-worker activism.

and... I ended up in the Communist Party.

*The Hammer and Sickle, or "Серп и молот" is Lenin's great symbol of Working Class Unity.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016