spare parts.JPG
    When I go out for a ride,I take with me some spare parts like:
    - ignitionplate.
    -coils.
    -fuses.
    -spark plugs.
    -gaskets.
    -2 fan belts.
    -toolbox with different tools like pliers,spark plug socket,iron brush,hammer,spanners etc.
    -bunch of 2-stroke oil.
    -2m electric wire.
    -spare tire,jack and tools to loosen nuts.
    -light for see into dark (connect in socket under fusebox)
    Maybe I forget something....

What do you take with you?
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Keri likes this.
  2. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

spare tire and tools to change it
    spare fanbelt
    anything needed to fix a wire
    spare EBZA ignition plate
    Spare EBZA control box
    extra set of ignition cables
    extra fuses
    spanners size 8 mm to 19 mm
    socket set 4 mm to 19 mm
    a few screwdrivers and pliers.
    plenty of two stroke oil.
    all fits beneath the floor in the boot of the kombi.

Oh, and dont forget towing service. :D

All of it is wery important to keep in the car as this will eliminate any risk of breaking down. I have never used any of it yet. :)
    hunterknox likes this.
  3. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Yeah,that was my goal with this topic to see what other forum members carry with them during trip!
    I will make these days a walk-arround my Trabant to see what I take with me!

@mati,this is was my intention with this thread....
  4. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

My auto insurance provides towing service for $1/month. I've had to use it once. Another time I called for a tow but a Samaritan helped me out before I needed the truck. I would put together a spares set and tools if I were going on a longer journey however- say to the Parade of Trabants in November.
  5. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I would highly recommend a spare throttle return spring. I had mine break on me. Engine went full throttle. Luckily there is no power steering, power brakes or locking steering on a Trabant so I just cut the ignition off and coasted to a breakdown area.

Idiot me was not carrying any tools with me so a co-worker stoped and took me home so I could get a pair of pliers to end a new hook on the end.

OH and a spare fuel filter.
  6. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Belt, plugs, 5l Jerry can, 5l two stroke, 1l 2stroke (with level, for measuring) jump leads, wheel brace, socket set, another toolbox, tyre foam, the car cover, and a fresh pack of Ritmeester tipped cigars.

(Which reminds me, I've had the spare in the boot of my Ford Focus for months, I really should get that 5x120 tyre replaced...)
  7. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

basic tools and my cell and tow service. car is far from a daily and only goes out when very nice or to a show
  8. radioman

radioman Premium Member Forum Donor

2 plugs & plug spanner Oil measured out into 2 bottles Breakdown Recovery number
    Never missed a beat yet
    Used to carry whole pile of tools