1. Phil Tracy

Phil Tracy Puttering Along

Hello,

We attended the Bethany, OK Route 66 Car show today and had a great time, despite some late showers during the awards ceremony.

Cars.jpg

My wife goose egged the Mosky today and my trophy count is already in trouble after just the second showing of her car. People especially liked the ratty luggage with the "Interflug" (DDR Airline) stickers.

Cars 3.jpg

She won 2nd place in the import, losing to a 60's Jag, but beating two others from a club in OKC. And then out of the entire field of about 60 cars she won the Mayor's Choice!

Cars 2.jpg

She might have been on the fence when we shipped it over, but today made her a true believer:

Cars 4.jpg

I can't emphasize enough how much fun it is to meet people and share about the Trabant. If you are contemplating it but haven't made a show yet, just get out there and do it! People love to see and touch the car and try and imagine what it was like behind the wall. And hey, if the stars align just right you might even win something too :)
    Cars 5.jpg
    Just get ready for every little kid to call your Trabbie "Dr Z!" from Cars 2. That may just apply to blue ones, heh. See you down the road!
  2. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I won a box of star washers at the car show I went to today!
  3. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

Thats a nice Trabant! Happy wife = happy life!

The first airplane I've ever flown on was at age 5 on an IL-18 by Interflug. It was between Budapest and East-Berlin! Lather I flew with them to Erfurt East Germany a few times when I was a teenager.
  4. Raindrops

Raindrops Smoking Along

The luggage is a nice touch :)
  5. Phil Tracy

Phil Tracy Puttering Along

Thank you. We added a 50+ year old old German accordion to it (still works!) and a hatbox that she added a sticker from Nuremberg.

Trabi.jpg
    My wife's grandmother is German and from that city, so she enjoyed seeing that at the shows too :)
  6. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

very nice so glad you get to share he history with others, that is the key with these cars