1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Willy, Wartburg cross-country June-October 2018
    Hello Feunde,
    Here is a noteworthy for anyone who might find themselves along or near the route of this tour. Three Germans and their Wartburg will drive from Potsdam, NJ on June 15 to Chicago then full Rt.66 then back via a southern route back to Potsdam, NJ some time in October.
    Here is a message to those following the crew and a link.

Hallo liebe Willy Freunde!

Hier der Link zu aktuellen Newsletter:

www.die-drei-mit-willy.net/2018/06/03/newsletter-027-2017-willy-ist-angekommen/

Bis demnächst

Viele Grüße
    Die Drei mit Willy

I expect to try and intercept them someplace before Chicago and perhaps past Chicago. Logistics may be complicated. If you want to try this too, contact
    Jörg Tissat
    in Facebook or though the link above.
    Have fun,
    BillB likes this.
  2. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

Choosing the Midwest sub-forum for discussion since it's the most...middle.

This is pretty cool. I always love an epic road trip. Wish I was closer to the route, or could help in any way.

When I drove to Baja, Mexico from NH we ran into a guy from France doing Rt 66 in a Mustang. I guess that's a thing to do. :)
    trabant601 likes this.
  3. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I had some friends from East Germany that came and bought a used car just to drive down Rt. 66, originally leaving from my house in NW Indiana. in the 1990's a Trabant club from Berlin brought several Trabants and did the same thing. How knows how many others there are from Germany who want to do this too.
    What car did you take from NH to Mexico? Sounds like a real adventure. I would like to drive a Trabant up Mt. Washington some day (having been there once, the notion has always amused me).
  4. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

We were racing in the Mexico 1000. A stage rally down the Baja peninsula from Ensenata to Cabo San Lucas. We drove some Ford V10 Van towing a Nissan Frontier race truck. The van blew a spark plug out of a cylinder head pretty quickly on the way so it was mostly a V9.

My first time at the wheel of the tow rig was in the middle of the night in PA which was all road construction with narrow lanes of jersey barriers. I had no idea where the van was in the road or how wide the trailer was. Every break in the barriers meant an edge when the barriers started again that I could possibly catch the trailer fender on. :eek:

Taking a Trabant up Mt. Washington was the first thing I thought of. :D Would it even make it?
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

6. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

I just checked in earlier today and got caught up on the blog. They are meeting German speakers, though. It's looking like a good time.
    trabant601 likes this.
  7. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

They've gone through Niagra Falls, cheated across Canada ;) and into Flint, MI.

They posted a couple videos linked from their blog.
    trabant601 likes this.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

9. trondd

trondd Puttering Along