1. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

I applied tint to the side windows myself, but I needed to take it to a shop and have a professional install tint on the rear glass. Looks great, I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Renier

Renier Puttering Along

I really, really absolutely like the look of your Trabant from what I can see here! The window tinting looks great as well even though I'd probably not have it for what I currently have in mind for my future project, would absolutely have it on a 'racer' Trabant though! I'm in love with the detail you have going on running across the side of the Trabant, especially due to it having the traditional letters of "Trabant" in it. Would possible be -the thing- for my future project, don't know if you've read about it but this seems perfect, how'd you get it? And what is it exactly even?
  3. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

Thanks for the compliments. Not sure I understand the question.
    I purchased the car here in Hungary where I live. I transformed it to look like a 1957 Chevy. I did the side stripes by hand, and ordered the "Trabant" decal from England on Ebay.co.uk.

Here is the rest of the story:
    http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/57-chevy-clone.965/
  4. Renier

Renier Puttering Along

Amazing, how great is that, but how did you do it?
  5. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

Just spray paint, chrome molding, and chrome pinstripes (inside the fin where the "Trabant" text is). Everything was done by hand in my garage.