1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. George M.

George M. Newbie

Hello Everybody,

I am new to the forum but very active in the home country Trabant community.

I've came up with an idea from the UK's Honda C90 (SuperCub) forum where there is a map of the world and users are putting markers where they have their vehicle/vehicles on the map. I am trying to populate this map on a world scale so we can see the spread of Trabants around the world (and other Trabant owners near you). Seeing that the USA has Trabants is an amazing thing for us in the Eastern European area. Same applies for the UK, Canada etc. So it would be great for all of us to add our rough locations of our cars there.

If you would like to help me with my map which is one day old and it is growing fast (16 markers already from two countries and working to add more countries/communities to the map), please follow this link :

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1365851

This is a picture of how it looks :

[​IMG]

To add a marker (your car) on the map, go to the tool bar at the top, third from left is 'Additions'. Click on that and click Add Marker - Simple. Put your board name in the box, then below the second entry box, written in blue, is 'or,click on a map location'. Click the map roughly in your area, to put yourself on the map.

You can choose the colour of the marker to match that of your Trabant.
    If you want to keep your location secret for whatever reason, you could place the marker near your area not pinpointing your exact location.

I am the admin of the map and if you need any help (delete a marker etc) please write me here and I will sort it out for you.

You need a password to place markers. The password is ”Trabant601”.

After placing a marker, you will be prompted to save an URL link so you can modify your marker in the future. If you don't save it, I can help you with future modifications.

You can add multiple markers on the map with the same name and same or different colours etc. in case you have multiple Trabants.

Thank you for your marker and I hope we will have a nice image of where the Trabants are nowadays on the world map.

George M.
  2. Daniel P

Daniel P Premium Member Forum Donor

Welcome, George.
    This forum has a map too.
    Also, a lot of the members here are listed on trabantusa.Com
  3. George M.

George M. Newbie

Thank you Daniel,

Can you give me a link?
  4. Daniel P

Daniel P Premium Member Forum Donor

5. Keri

Keri Leader

Hello from Chicago!

Marker placed at Haymarket memorial…..
  6. George M.

George M. Newbie

Thank you Daniel.

Thank you so much Keri, If you need any help with your marker, just let me know.
  7. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

Added mine
  8. Ron

Ron Premium Member Forum Donor

Me too, nice one George!

And Keri, great video, Comrade Trabi is spotless... and fast!