1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. I BOUGHT MY TRABANT WITHOUT A TRANSMISSION AND IM LOOKING TO GET ONE. I live in Milwaukee wi my name is Anthony my number is two six two 483-914three thanks
  2. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I have one but I have no idea of it's condition. I had it and a spare engine shipped over with my car from Hungary.

When the freewheel device went out I was going to try it but it's not the correct transmission for my car. This one is for a later type that uses the "tripods".

The earlier style would have two curved blocks and fit in a peg and will fall off easily unless you smear allot of grease on them:

[​IMG]

The later type would look something like this: (NOTE: this is not a Trabant inner CV joint , just an example, I couldn't find an actual photo):

[​IMG]
  3. Can u call me please number is in the original post thanks
  4. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

Anthony, check under cars for sale, there is a car that is being parted out in CO...looks like the tranny is in there.
  5. Thanks justin. I would love to buy the whole car :cool: